Thursday, November 17, 2011

Charmed Prints Quilt Along


I joined Gen X Quilters Charmed Prints Quilt Along. It is my first one and I am excited! I have been hoarding, er, safely keeping two Pampered Pooch by Moda charm packs and a jelly roll. I'm using those plus some other charms and scraps I have, but mainly Pampered Pooch. You can make either a child size (36 charms) or a lap quilt (81 charms). I'm going to do the child size. The quilt design keeps alot of the charm squares whole, but there are fun feature blocks tossed in and the design is really customizable. If you want to join in on the quilting fun go HERE.

This week we had the first two feature blocks to do. The first one is the Greek Cross. Here is mine.



I'm hoping to get the second one done tomorrow. It is a star block. I just couldn't decide on what charms I wanted to use. I'm going to sleep on it and make my decision in the morning.  If I stay on track with the schedule I'll have a finish quilt by December 13th!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't picking out the charms difficult? I had a hard time choosing myself! These blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete