Sunday, May 8, 2011

Two For One

I love getting packages in the mail! So much more fun then bills. This weekend I got the fabric I ordered for the Gen X Japanese Fabric Swap.



The selvage says its "Happy Sweet Collection" by Kei Fabric (made in Japan).  My plan for tonight was just to cut the yard into 5" strips. I did and then decided just to go ahead and cut them into charms. So now I have my 56 charms to send in.





I'm pretty excited. This will be the first swap that I have participated in and its also my first experience with Japanese Import Fabrics! I have seen lots of great quilts made with Japanese fabrics, but they are pricey. When I saw this swap I thought it would be the perfect way to try two new things at the same time! Hooray for new experiences!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute fabric! I love Japanese prints as well, but have been scared away by the pricetag. A swap sounds like a smart way to give 'em a go.

    ReplyDelete